Volunteers are the heart of our organization. Volunteering is a way of life in Green Valley, how we meet other interesting people, how we get things done in a non-profit organization, and how we give back to our community.
Lots of volunteer opportunities at Friends of Madera Canyon, we always need volunteers to assist with Adult Education, Kids Education Programs, and Conservation projects. If you have free time, even a few hours a month, and want to help with programs & activities, we'll help you find a position that best fits with your interest and experience.
Contact, Joe MacIssac - email@example.com
Volunteer of the Year
Each year, the Board of Directors names a person who has made a significant contribution as a volunteer for the Friends of Madera Canyon. Because Bud Gode, a former board member and board President was the ultimate volunteer, the person named by the board becomes the Bud Gode Volunteer of the Year.
Some of our volunteer opportunities:
- Visitor Information Station/Canyon Greeter
- Education Docent for 4th Grade School Walks
- Accessible Trail Tours (Guide and handicap assistance)
- Membership (Outreach at Farmer's Market, other events)
- Canyon Clean-up and Preservation (Monday mornings)
- Special Events (e.g. Music in the Canyon, socials, volunteer events)
- Mailing (adding address labels)
- Fund Raising/Assisting with Events
- Speakers' Bureau (Speaking at local events of other organizations)
- Marketing (Selling, delivering, mailing, Friends' merchandise)
- Grant Writing & Identifying Grant Opportunities
- Bat Research (Installing, checking, and maintaining bat houses)
- Scholarship Program (Informing local schools and choosing scholars)
Because of insurance concerns, the United States Forest Service requires that all those who work on our behalf in the canyon be current members of the Friends of Madera Canyon.